Breast Cancer Community

i ma 14 and have liquid coming out of a lump in my nipple

i am only 14 and i got this weird lump under my left nipple several months ago.  It is starting to go away but just a couple weeks ago i got one under my right nipple.  Unlike the first one, this one hurts when when you poke it!!  I was reading other posts and they said to squeeze it to see if any discharge came out.  I squeezed and a little bit of clear liquid came out.  I told my mom about the first lump, but i dont want to tell her about this one because liquid came out.  Please tell me this is nothing to worry about and tell me more information than to just see a doctor.  I am really scared i have breast cancer or something. I know it is extremely rare among kids and i probably have gynecomastia or something, but i looked up gynecomastia and it was saying how it occurs mostly in tall or overweight kids and i am neither.  it also talked about an enlarging in the breast but my problem is just in the nipple.  Your response is extremly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chad
HI there.

First of all, it is extremely uncommon for a person your age to develop breast cancer.  These discharges are most likely be due to hormonal changes, which in a teenager, can be erratic and fluctuate throughout a menstrual cycle.  The presence of infection is also a possibility, especially if accompanied by swelling, and the discharge is foul smelling. If this is the case, a course of antibiotics may be warranted.   As you have pre-empted, it is still best to have this checked by your doctor.

Regards and God bless.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.