Breast Cancer Community

itchy nipples

Ok, so about 2 years ago I had a breast lift w/implants.  Last year I developed a bad rash, wen tto the Dr and received cream.  Went away but now my nipples STILL itch to the point of me wakin gup and crawing blood around the areola, not the nipple.  I also notice at times large red bumps around the same area of the areola.  Happens all the time not just certain times of teh month.  NEVER had this before my surgery.  I went to the gynocologist last month and said I have no lumps.  HELP Oh and I apply cream 2x daily.

You need to reconsult with your breast surgeon and get the implants checked.

Are you on any medicatons currently?

You should wear lose clothes and take oral antihistamine medications and see if it helps with your symptoms.

What is your age? What other symptoms do you have? Have you noticed any abnormal features on breast self examination like a breast lump, nipple discharge , skin changes etc?

Apply calamine lotion to hep soothe the itching.

Let us know what your doctor advises and also post us if you have any doubts.

Regards.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.