Breast Cancer Community

left breast pain also

I also am having breast pain- and previous posts are helpful- it's also my left breast, and actually started about 2 months ago as sharp pains that I thought at first were heart pains.  Those eventually went away and for the last month have manifested as achey discomfort that sometimes resembles pain that I have had before my cycle has begun, but it would go and come throughout the day, and is now ALL the time.  It is ONLY my left.  Last week, had a mammogram and ultrasound done.  Everything was clear, clean and perfect.  They have no explanation for why I am having pain, and I have never had premenstrual breast pain only in one breast- always been all or none.  SOOO, now, it is just like others have described- painful and debilitating.. can't run anymore, can't move without considering how my left breast is going to feel.  Sleeping, walking, sitting- I am fully aware of the discomfort at all times.  I know glands and other things can change with age, but I am 28 years old and have never had problems like this before.  In fact, I have had virtually no premenstrual symptoms besides MILD breast tenderness until now... I don't even know if that is what this is, but for now- no breast cancer- which is a relief.  For those concerned with getting a mammogram, they are not bad.  A person is there adjusting how tightly the machine comes down on each breast, and it is not as traumatic as I envisioned.  I have talked to many women that don't get them done because they are scared of the procedure and possible discomfort- it isn't bad- go do it.

This discussion is related to Bad pain in left breast.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.