Breast Cancer Forum

lump in a duct

The ultra sounds shows a lump in a duct and I have been told by other women that such a lump is usually cancer.  Behind it is another smaller mass and both will be removed on Jan6th.  This will be my 7th biopsy!  I have atypical ductal hyperplasia in that same breast.  Needless to say, I am very worried about this one.
Dear marjay:  I would pay less attention to "other women" and more attention to your doctor.  An ultrasound is a test that is often used to differentiate a solid versus cystic mass.  If the mass is cystic (fluid filled), it can generally be left alone.  If the mass appears solid, further investigation is needed.  The doctor may be more or less suspicious of a mass on any image (ultrasound or mammogram) but the only way to know for sure is with a biopsy.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.