Breast Cancer Community

lump in arm pit

How long should I wait before going to the doctor?  I don't want to over react.  I found a lump in my arm pit last week and it's not getting bigger nor going away.  
Hi Janet,If I were you I wouldn't wait,but go to your doctor and have it checked out.A lump in the arm pit could be a swollen lymph node that might suggest an infection or something else.Why live with the doubt? Any lump in the body should promptly be examined by a trusted doctor.Believe me you are not over reacting by being worried about this lump.It's your body and you deserve to have peace of mind, especially that you mention that it's not going away.I hope that you'll see your doctor soon.Wishing you the best.
I forgot to add this. I was detected with tuberculosis about 6yrs ago and finished my treatment successfully. It was after that that I had this lump in my right armpit. From the past 10 days, my right nipple seems to pain if I press it slightly. This is not the case with my left one. Looking for advice!
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.