Breast Cancer Forum

lump in armpit

While showering I noticed under my left armpit that it is quite swollen.  There is a noticeable difference between the right side and the left side. The swelling or lump is towards the top of my armpit. I have read many different reasons such as exercising that could cause this or cat scratch fever? I am wondering is this something I should be overly concerned with. When pressing on it it becomes tender. Any insight would be helpful.
Dear chrissy66:  A lump in the armpit could be many different things.  It could be a simple as an ingrown hair that has become inflamed.  You do not mention your age or risk factors for breast cancer, so I will assume average risk.  If the lump becomes hard, or does not begin to go away in the next several days, you should see your doctor.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.