Breast Cancer Community

lump in each armpit

Hi, thank you for this forum.
Yesterday I noticed a small lump under my left armpit, lower down though where I can feel it when my arm is down if I check for it so it is not directly under my armpit. I noticed it when I had an itch. I checked the right side and again I have a lump in the same exact spot, mirror images of eachother.
I do not have any clue how long these lumps have been there. Whenever I checked for lumps I only did it right in my breasts, not near the armpits. (big mistake I know) So I do not know how long these have been there. I have no other lumps anywhere.
These do not hurt whatsoever, not even if I touch them which scares me as it seems it would be better if they were painful after reading all these forums. I am 38 years old, 4 children, had my first at 22 and my last at 30. Breastfed each for a couple of months. No history of any cancer breast or otherwise in either side of my family.
I recently broke my ankle and was using crutches for 9 weeks. I am wondering if possibly it could be related to the crutch use as the crutches irritated my arms and the lumps are right where the crutches sat.
Please help, I am so scared!
Your guess is probably right. These could be due to the constant pressure in the region of the armpits due to the crutches' use. Such pressure sores are not very uncommon. See if they discontinue within 2-3 weeks of your stoppinng to use the crutches. Do mention this to your physician when you go in foor your next appointment. Take some OTC painkillers if these are painful.
Thank you doctor for your reply!!!
I wanted to mention 1 more thing, these lumps are under my skin, not red or anything like that. I cannot see them but can feel them. They do not look like sores. And again they do not hurt at all. You mentioned pressure sores so I was not sure if I explained myself correctly in the first post.
I hope your possible diagnosis stays the same, LOL.
Thank you again so very much :)
Going through the post and comments in reply,
The lumps can range from simple  reaction to the use of crutches to lymphadenopathy.
You are not having any infectious pathology anywhere in the drainage area of the axillary lymph nodes as they are non-tender with no redness at the site of these lumps.
A pressure sore is a term utilized for break in skin epithelium due to constant pressure at a site for a longer duration. The initial stage would represent as a small area of blanched skin.

Have a complete check up with your physician.

Hi there,
Thank you for your reply. I have been off the crutches now for several weeks and both of the lumps have completely gone away. What a releif! :)
That is great news! Congrats about the lumps going away and more so about the crutches gone! You must be feeling fresh and new now. Just follow up for the fracture regularly till your doctor asks you to. Eat a healthy diet and plaenty of water and you should be back to your daily normal routine soon. Goodluck!
Thank you doctor! :)
Yes, I feel wonderful. I have done my follow ups and a few times in therapy as well and I am walking normal again, yippee! The doctor has released me from his care good as new. Thank you again for this forum and for all of your help, you are very much appreciated!
God Bless,
Liz
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.