Breast Cancer Community

lump in my armpit

I am 31 yrs old, and have 1 child.  For the past year know, I have had a lump under my armpit, and causes no pain, or discomfort, and had a doc. look at it four months ago.  He said looked like lymphnoids, did a follow up ultrasound today, the techs and docs. at the hospital comfirmed today that it is a swollen muscle in my armpit. I am not sure that sounds right, concidering that just four months ago, my Surgeon says that it was lymphnoids, and that we will make sure it does not grow.  I have had this thing for more than a year, and is not getting smaller.  I do get pain in my ribs, as well as my back and neck, also for the past month, I have been nautious, and get very dizzy.  Every time I go to the doc. office, they say the dizziness is Vertigo, and they gave me Antivert.  The back pain they are saying is related to a previous injery(herniated disk) and I had surgery to fix that in 2003.  Can any one point me in the direction pertaining to a swollen muscle.  
I do exercize, but I am not a heavy lifter, and I have not injured that area where the bump is.  
Hi there.

It is an option for you to undergo biopsy procedures to ascertain the nature of these findings.  Enlarged lymph nodes are usually a signal of something else, may this be an infection (occult) somewhere in the breast or the glands of the armpit, or from a malignancy in the breast.  The biopsy may also tell us if this is indeed a swollen muscle.

This has been going on for quite sometime now, and it is better to have a closure to this as soon as you are able.

Wishing you all the best.  Regards.
Thank you very much, is a swollen muscle commen in women, and what type, if there is, of infection could cause this.  I think that my immune system is down for some reason, I have been feeling tired, and have constant sinus infections, along with many yeast infections.  My doctor did blood work, and found that everything is up to par.  I have been having Diahreah alot, and am undergoing a colonoscopy on Monday due to pain in my stomache that radiates to my stomache.  I know I am a mess, but nothing is fitting. Maybe I am not explaining my symptoms properly, but I know that I am alot tired, I get nautious, and feel dizzy alot.  Well, I thank you very much for your assistance.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.