Breast Cancer Community
9.41k Members
Avatar universal

lump in my left chest

I am a 24 year old man. i'm having a lump in my left chest around the nipple. It's been about 2 months. The lump is not visible but can be felt on touching and it pains on touching too... I'm really worried about this and please reply immediately...
2 Responses
587083 tn?1327123862
Breast cancer in the male breast is relatively rare especially at your age,but since you can feel a lump under the areola, then it is necessary to see your Doctor for a clinical breast exam and maybe some type of testing for a correct diagnosis. A painful lump does not usually indicate breast cancer.What you have could be a cyst or an infection or a benign condition called Gynecomastia,which usually occurs in teenage boys caused by hormonal imbalance and also to some men when there is a high levels of estrogen that promotes glandular tissue growth.
Gynecomastia could also be caused by taking certain prescribed medication, which could have steroid properties or the use of illicit  drugs. Even alcohol can also cause the condition.
When you see your doctor let him/her know about any type of drug you are perhaps taking,so that it can be replaced with appropriate medication.
Take care.
Avatar universal
thank you very much for your valuable information.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.