Aa
A
A
A
Close
Breast Cancer Community
9.42k Members

lump near breast

i hav lump above breast and slight pain and discomfort what could it be?
2 Responses
25201 tn?1255584436
There is absolutely no way to tell what this might be over the internet .... you should make an appointment with your personal Physician for an examination. You state this lump is above the breast .... it could be an abscess but I'm not sure what you mean by "above" the breast. I might be an enlarged lymph node and that could indicate an infection but this warrants a hands-on
examination and some type of treatment.  Regards .....
587083 tn?1327123862
Hi,
If the lump is on your breast,it could be a bacteria skin infection (boil,furuncle or a pimple).Try to apply warm compresses for a few days and see if it drains on it's own .If not,you should see your doctor to surgically drain it.
If the lump is inside your breast,then you should see your doctor for a clinical breast exam.
Pain is not indicative of breast cancer,but your doctor has to see it to determine what it could be.
Best wishes...
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.