Breast Cancer Forum

lump under left nipple

Today my son (12 years old) found a small lump under his left nipple. He has been ill with a cough and sore throat (caught from me) since the 26th of January. Is this anything to do with breast cancer and should i take him to see a doctor? If not what is the cause and will it die away? Thanks.
Dear Pukeyboy3:  A lump in the breast of a 12 year old boy is unlikely to be breast cancer. The general rule is that any new lump should be evaluated by a physician . Although we cannot tell what this is just from your description, it is not uncommon for boys to develop changes in the breasts around the time of puberty.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.