Breast Cancer Community

lump with browinsh discharge

I am 36 year old and mother of 2 beutifull children and about 2 weeks ago I found a large lump in my right breast between 2 and 3 o'clock and the lump has some discharge that is browinish in color and I got no pain associated with this I did mamo and US today and have to meet with Radiologist tomorrow to see if I need to go for a BX to actually rule out CA has anyone experience something like mine???????
Hi there.

This lump that you have may have different etiologies and cancer is a differential diagnosis.  However, there are other explanations such as lumps from benign causes like fibroadenoma or fibrocystic disease which can have an accompanying infection producing this brown like discharge.  Benign causes are also more common than the malignant ones.

I suggest you ask the radiologist about the BIRADS score of your mammogram.  This will tell us if the findings are likely to be benign, malignant, or would need further tests such as a biopsy (http://biradsclass.blogspot.com to learn more about birads).

Regards and God bless.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.