Breast Cancer Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Avatar universal


I have a lump right under my tit, and when i press down it hurts.(i am a guy) what shoudl i do?
2 Responses
Avatar universal
Dear aaaaaa, Male breast cancer is rare, but one out of every 150 cases of breast cancer involves a man, usually in men over 60 years old.  Although a painless breast lump is the most common sign, most breast lumps in men are benign (non-cancerous) and are related to some other cause.  The first step in determining what the cause might be in your situation would be to have it examined by a health care professional.
Avatar universal
You should see a physician to be certain that this lump is not breast cancer. Men do get breast cancer, although not in large enough numbers to have an impact on securing better treatment methods or finding a cure. I am sorry you are faced with this concern. As you now know, the anxiety associated with such a discovery, can be overwhelming, and the treatment options rather skewed. Hopefully, the lump is nothing.
Popular Resources
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.