Breast Cancer Community

male breast lump

My boyfriend had discovered a hard lump, about a size a little bigger than an adult thumb behind his right nipple and he says he can feel a slight pain when u gently press or squeeze it and he's had it for about 3 weeks now...he's made an appointment to go get it checked but wanted to see if u can give him any ideas of what it might be? And if age matters, he is 34 years old..

This discussion is related to I am a man with a lump under my nipple.
A male breast cancer,particularly in males over 60, typically presents as a painless mass behind the areola but  malignancy or cancer in young  male breasts is relatively rare.This could be a cysts or an abscess caused by infection and also Gynecomastia due to other causes like drugs or hormonal imbalance.
It’s a good  thing that your boyfriend will see his Doctor soon ...It’s very important to have this lump checked out to make sure it’s nothing serious.
Best wishes to both of you..
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.