Breast Cancer Forum

nipple lump

I am 16 years old and I have a painful knot under my right nipple? I have had it for as long as I can remember, but it has grown and has become painful for the last few weeks. Should I be concerned?
Dear willy620:  It is not unusual, particularly in young women, for breasts to feel lumpy.  Further, these lumps can sometimes swell and become painful, especially during certain times in the menstrual cycle.  Most breast cancer is not painful.  If this lump is, in fact, growing, you should have it checked out by your doctor.  
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.