Breast Cancer Community

no insurance...found lump

are there any numbers i can call to get financial assistance for single mothers with no insurance? i found a lump in my armpit and got an ultrasound done, but now i need to get a biopsy done as well. i am scared that if it is cancer, i won't be able to pay
I hope that these phone numbers I have provided,will be able to be of some help, and I also hope that your biopsy results will be benign!...

1)The American Cancer Society. toll-free: 1-800-ACS-2345

2)Susan G. Komen for the Cure provides information on free or low-cost mammograms and other sources of financial assistance. Call toll-free, 800-IM-AWARE

3)The American Breast Cancer Foundation’s Key to Life Breast Cancer Screening Assistance Program provides financial assistance to uninsured and under insured women and men of all ages for breast cancer testing. Call their toll-free enrollment hotline, 877-Key-2-Life (877-539-2543

Finally, try calling your local hospital. Ask to speak to a social worker. He or she will be the one who’ll know about the availability of free or low-cost cancer screening and treatment in your community.

Whatever you do, don’t give up! a biopsy procedure is very important if it was recommended by your radiologist.
Good luck and best wishes!!
PLEASE take zouzi's advice and follow through on getting your biopsy. A social worker at your local hospital is an excellent idea. You really do need to take care of yourself for your own sake and that of your child. That said, the odds are very much in your favor that the results will be benign especially given your young age. That doesn't mean you shouldn't get the testing done, just that you shouldn't panic and think it's cancer right away. There are many non-cancerous reasons for lumps, so I'm sending this web site to help put your mind at ease a little:www.cancer.org/Healthy/FindCancerEarly/WomensHealth/Non-Cancerous BreastConditions
Wishing you all the best and please let us know how you're doing (in this same thread) if you wish. Our thoughts are with you.
nc
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.