Breast Cancer Forum

pain in breast: scar tissue

I had two surgeries to remove breast tissue due to cancer three years ago.  I'm having discomfort in that breast near the area of scar tissue.  I've had a mammogram and physical exam which showed no amnormalities.  Could the scar tissue be causing the pain?  It's particularly noticeable when I exercise wearing a bra.
Dear jeanR, Breast pain is a common breast symptom.  The reason for breast pain is not clearly understood, and is not usually associated with breast cancer.  Without physical examination, evaluation and ability to ask questions it is difficult to say what the pain in your situation might be due to, however, your explanation may very well be correct.

I have scar tissue from 3 benign biopsies, all in the same area, that was also uncomfortable at times, mostly if I laid on my stomach. Someone told me to press on it very firmly a couple of times a day and it would break the tissue down and cause less discomfort. It sounds wierd, but it helped me.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.