Breast Cancer Community

painful lump

I have found a lump under my right breast very near the armpit area.  I am a breast (left) cancer survivor and I currently taking Evista.  I had an ultrasound just last summer and it did show that I had cysts in this breast however, I have never had any pain until recently (the last 3 1/2 weeks).  I can definitely feel the lump and it is tender to the touch when I lay on that side for some length on time, such as sleeping or if I accidently bump it.  I know that fibroid tumors can be painful but can malignant ones as well?

It would be best to get a follow up with your breast specialist and get a proper clinical evaluation done.

If the cyst is painful, talk to your doctor about removing the cyst fluid. The fluid can then be sent for lab analysis.

The pain could also be due to wearing tight clothes, trauma or pressure to the site. Try OTC pain relief medications and see if they help.

Do let us know how you are doing and what your doctor advises.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.