Breast Cancer Forum

pea size lump under armpit near breast

When my husband went to hug me, it felt like a rug burn on my side. I looked didnt see anything, tried to find what it was or where it was coming from. The more I felt around I found a pea size lump under armpit near top of breast on left side. Didnt hurt though! After 3 long agonizing years, found out my Mother passed away from Large B cell Non Hodgkins Lymphoma, her sister died of the same thing.
Im a 44 year old female, family history of cervical cancer, ovarian cancer, vaginal cancer, and Non Hodgkins Lymphoma, lung cancer, stomach cancer.
I know I need to have this checked, any ideas what it could be would b appreciated!
Dear 3psinapod, Over the internet without ability to evaluate it is impossible to say what this is.   You are correct in having this checked out.  But realize this could be many things including a swollen lymph node and lymphnodes can swell for many reasons not only because of malignancy.  
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.