Breast Cancer Community

random lump under my armpit

i give my self a breast exam  twice a week  and secretion check of the armpit. i was told some years ago that useing deodorant every day was not a good idea because it blocks your pores and could help in the process of getting or worsening cancer cells growth  within that area; i dont use deodorant  unless i go to work or some kind of special event . so when i ware deodorant its on me for 5-6 hours then i wash it off as soon as i can . within the pass month i have used deodorant  almost every day because of my new relationship. on top of that because i didnt use deodorant that often i wouldnt shave but 2-4 times a week; now every day . i was giving my self an exam and found a small lump under my armpit . this lump feels close to the skin and is very sore to the touch and feels every close to touching the lump nodes that fallow into the breast its about an inch around. Could this be cancer ,  an ingrown hair from shaving more, or is this just my body not liking this attention that its getting in that area?
What you have could very well be an infected hair follicle (Furuncle) caused most probably by shaving.The best thing to do at this point is to have it checked out by your family doctor to see what treatment is necessary.Don't try to squeeze or press this lump lest you make it worse Pain is rarely associated with cancer and I don't think that this sore lump has any connection with it, but it's better to have it checked out to make sure that it's not something more serious.Take care..
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.