Breast Cancer Community

scar tissue removal to rid neuroma

i am a 54 year old woman, a 5 1/2 year breast cancer survivor & I am still suffering from chronic breast pain.  I had a surgical biopsy, lumpectomy & radiation.  2 weeks after completing radiation, I had a bad reaction - suffered from super hyper sensitivity, lymphedema in my breast, along with sharp nerve pains.  I have tried just about everything to get my life back.  Therapy has included; massage therapy, sequential pump, acupunture, neurotin, cymbalta.  I was also diagnosed with costachondritis, and had 9 cortizone shots in my ribs along with cortizone shots around my scar.  I have been very slowly getting better, however I have recently hit another wall with my pain level.  It seems as if scar tissue has continued to form under my point of incision & the doctors tell me that the scar tissue has encapsulated some of my nerves. Now they want to open me back up to remove the scar tissue & hopefully rid me of this pain.and then have a series of massage therapy around the new scar to avoid more tissue building up. Of course I am nervous,have you heard of anyone having this issue & treatment or do you have any other suggestions.  
It seems you have done everything possible to rid yourself of this chronic pain. Scar tissue can certainly become a problem after many types of surgery. I believe after suffering for the length of time as in your case I would do most anything to correct the problem. If you aren't completely comfortable with this recommendation you might seek a second opinion. This surgery shouldn't be terribly complicated and might just cure the problem. Regards ....
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.