Breast Cancer Community

unusual breast lump

Hi am 31 years old, and have a family history of breast cancer. I usually try to do self exams.I haven't done a self-exam yet this month and this morning I noticed a spot on the bottom of my left breast, more in the area where the breast would start to meet with the chest. I had been noticing that my bra has been fitting differently on that side, like it is tighter and my breast seems slightly fuller and heavier than normal (I am rather large busted). I had been having some discomfort in that area so when I was feeling I noticed a slightly swollen spot. I layed down to check thinking maybe swollen gland or something and the spot seemed almost tubular feeling but not very long. When I got to feeling more I noticed there is a pea size spot as well. It is hard to tell if it is "hard" or just firm  or if it moves or if it is just the breast tissue around it moving with me being large busted. It doesn't really feel smooth or necessarily round but a lttle small lumpy bump. Is it common to get these types of lumps and in this particular spot of the breast? I always hear of breast lumps being more above or around the nipple or armpit but haven't heard of them being in this location.
A lump in the breast can be many things..It could be an inflamed fatty tissue called Lipoma, a sebaceous cyst,an abscess etc.  
Over the internet,we can only guess what this lump may represent,so please take my advice and have this lump checked out by your doctor.Whether you have a family history of breast cancer or not,you should always be concerned when you notice any abnormality in your breasts.
Best wishes...
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.