Breast Cancer Community

update my surgery

Hi my surgery went well the doctor got microcalsifications out the hardest part was the part where they stick a needle into breast and then they mark the area with a wire they had to do this twice as they said i have very dense breast tissue and it is hard to push wire through the tissue to get to area wow!  After 2 attemps they got close i must say that i felt it though like a sharp pin stapping me in side my breast with a shock very strange. sore bruised  swollen and a 2 inch scar i am Now  just waiting my results my husband poor guy is having a real hard time with all this i am scared but i want to believe that it all going to be just fine i just have to wait to find out which i think is really hard but it is ok i have been on this journey since febuary. a couple more days it is ok i tell myself
..  ? Can i go to the gym next week and work out or should i wait the 2 weeks. working out  makes me feel like i can handle anything,  my mind seems to be in a better place miss the feeling i get from going to the gym feel like i AM doing something for me which is very unusual. any tips would be great on a quicker recovery this is still painful.
Happy thanksgiving i will let you know what happens when i knopw thanks for listening it is nice to have a place to talk vent just a place that understands.
Regaurds Charlotte  
Hi Charlotte,

Congrats on getting through the procedure -- that's wonderful!  When will you get the results?  I had the wire thing too though, as I told you, I didn't have dense breasts.  I'm sorry for the anxiety you both have to go through.  I found a really good book for my husband when I was diagnosed with breast cancer -- it's actually called "Breast Cancer Husband"  and there is a website by that same name. My guy found it very helpful.  

As far as the gym goes, I would wait the full two weeks, if that's what they recommended.  Maybe you can do some walking outside or something similar where you can clear your head.

I have a suggestion for a book for you, too.  Look on my profile page and under the "about me" portion is the name.  I'd put it here, but I don't remember the specific name!

Good luck!!

Chris
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.