Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

worried...

yesterday when i woke up i had a small lump on my areola and a few hours later it looked like a white-head had formed on it like a pimple. it was very painful so i tried to pop it and some watery puss came out of it and a tiny bit of blood. today it still hurts and there is still a lump. what is this and should i be worried? does this need to be checked out soon?
1 Responses
Hi,
With the description cited by you, it seems to be an abscess. Probably if your lactating, mastitis is more likely to occur.Galactocoele (Collection of milk) can also cause a lump beneath the nipple areola complex.
You require an appointment with a general surgeon to sort it out.
Good Luck

You are reading content posted in the Breast Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.