Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

2 week old breastfed baby question.

I'm using a breast pump to feed my son because I had a lot of issues getting him latched and was told the shape of my nipple was making it difficult for him. Anyways I feel like he's eating so much for only being two weeks old... how many ounces per feeding do your breast pumping babies eat?
11 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I've recently bought great breastfeeding pillow at LaMillou. It has really cool shape of a Hen. Looks totally different than all the others I've seen before. In fact my 5 yo son sleeps on it from time to time you can find it at www.lamillou-us.com
Helpful - 0
What he's drinking is fine your feeding him too much if he throws up milk if he doesn't your fine..
Helpful - 0
My daughter drinks 3ounces of formula every 2 in a half  to 3 hours
Helpful - 0
My son drink 1.5 oz but he eats every hour to hour and a half. Wow your doing good with pumping 4oz is awesome I pump maybe 2oz combined.
Helpful - 0
My son eat then stays up for about 15-20mins then falls back asleep til its time to eat again
Helpful - 0
So our sons are pretty similar there. Mine was born on August 25th. How about his sleeping habits? Has your son also recently started sleeping a lot more?
Helpful - 0
So our sons are pretty similar there. Mine was born on August 25th. How about his sleeping habits? Has your son also recently started sleeping a lot more?
Helpful - 0
I am breastfeeding too. And when I pump I usually pump 4oz but he drinks between 2 1/2 and 3oz per feeding and he wakes up to eat every 3hrs...My son is 2wks old. He was born on Aug 26.
Helpful - 0
He's drinking around 3 ounces every sitting... which usually is about 3 hours apart. Sometimes he eats less but more often. I'd say he averages about an ounce an hour.
Helpful - 0
Formula is thicker than breast milk. So baby gets full quicker how much does he drink?
Helpful - 0
I don't pump cause I get like 1 oz and a half of milk out and no more but I breast feed my baby who is 2 weeks around 30 minutes combined on both breasts. I hope it helps.
And when I do formula I feed her 2 oz but I guess that's different.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community

Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365192513
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.