Aa
A
A
A
Close
Breastfeeding Community
1.66k Members

7 days old

My baby is 7 yrs old i breastfeed him.i think his stomac hurts bc as soon as i change him he poops agean..what should i do.to make him comfortable?
6 Responses
I sure hope u mean 7 months old. Not 7 years... Lol I would contact his doctor and see what they suggest.
Aha sorry that made me giggle...it maybe something your eating that gave him an upset tummy.
Breastfed babies poop A Lot
10289679 tn?1419126937
Yes I agree.. I can't remember exactly the tine frame but I remember my daughter pooped up her back every day, and then when she was a little okder, she never pooped. About once every 6 to 7 days. Her doctors and everyone said it was normal for breastfed babies.
12476639 tn?1427034291
Is he spitting up at all? Your breast milk should be perfectly digestable for your week old bub. Look at your own diet too. My daughter would spit up a lot if I had any caffeine... Coffee, tea, or pop. If he is pooping that's a really good thing.... Breast milk is digested very quickly. Don't stress. Keep him on the Boob whenever he wants right now. There's some good apps to keep track of feed times and babies bowel movements! You're doing a great job.... He's prob still wondering why he's not in your belly anymore! Xoxo
12476639 tn?1427034291
Is he spitting up at all? Your breast milk should be perfectly digestable for your week old bub. Look at your own diet too. My daughter would spit up a lot if I had any caffeine... Coffee, tea, or pop. If he is pooping that's a really good thing.... Breast milk is digested very quickly. Don't stress. Keep him on the Boob whenever he wants right now. There's some good apps to keep track of feed times and babies bowel movements! You're doing a great job.... He's prob still wondering why he's not in your belly anymore! Xoxo
Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365196113
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.