BREAST FEEDING MOMS HELP

I fully believe in breast feeding and I've always planned to breast feed! And I'm getting induced tomorrow and I thought it was odd that I hadn't started leaking anything. (I know awhile ago my right nipple was like blocked/clogged) so I gently squeezed my left breast and it came out with no problem! Then I tried to squeeze my right breast and nothing... And I can see it's still clogged. How do I unclog it?!!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Its probably not clogged. Sometimes one breast will only leak and the other wont until after you give birth. Some women dont ever leak until after birth. I have 3 kids and with all 3, I only ever leak out of 1 breast, and then after I had them, they both leaked. I do notice however, that the one that leaks before tends to be my better side and i produce a little more milk from that side but no big deal.
Helpful - 0
I think it's clogged bc on my nipple there's like white spots all over it (tmi) but similar to a ready-to-pop pimple I guess..
Helpful - 0
Have you asked your doctor? If you had a clogged duct, you would feel it. Your body would react to it like an infection. Youd have pain in the breast, a lump, fever, chills, etc.
Helpful - 0
I never brought it up to my nurses. I wasn't a fan of them and always felt rushed by them. But I do have pain in that nipple. I've been looking it up. I might ask my friend lactation cons.
Helpful - 0
I very seriously doubt your clogged. Right now your body is only producing small amounts of colostrum which is a kind of clear yellow color. It's what the baby needs the first few days to build up their immune system. You will not produce actual milk until a few days after baby is born. I know the white you're talking about I get that even when I'm not pregnant, and I'm not clogged.  If you're really concerned you're clogged gently squeeze your breast about halfway down it and move your hand up all the way to the nipple while squeezing the whole way. You will likely only get about a drop. Please just don't do this regularly if you're not full term because the nipple stimulation can start labor.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community