Breastfeeding Community

Breast feeding- not okay ?

I want to breast feed my baby because im a woman and it's my nature. But I'm not okay with the idea of something other than my boyfriend latching on to my nipples. I'm very sensitive and I don't think it's okay in any way if it stimulates me. That is just some weird sh!t. Should I just use the pump ? I also herd breast feeding makes the nipples soar n tender and sometimes crack. . has any one else felt weird about breast feeding ? Please I'm in real inner conflict and it's uncomfortable that this is even an issue.
Do whatever you feel most comfortable with.
Trust me its absolutely different when a baby is latching.  My son will soon be 2 and still breastfeed.  Its a moment of pure love. Besides your level of milk will increase only if you breastfeed. I say go for it. Your baby will soon be grown up before you realise it.
I felt the same way and I was able to look past the weird feeling I thought I would have and breast fed both my girls.The thing is, it doesn't feel good at all. It actually kinda hurts. Or at least that's what I remember from it. At the sametime you build a huge bond doing and I am so glad I set that fear aside and tried it.
And yes those do happen to your nipples as far as soar and cracking but use lansonil or whatever it's called and there are thing soothies that I used to help cool them after nursing and it helped a lot.  
I felt the same as you.  I chose to exclusively pump.  And milk will not necessarily only increase if they latch.  I produced 90+ ounces a day with 5 pumps.  I realize that not everyone has those results so if you do choose to EP then make sure to pump just like you'd feed the baby.  That and I'd recommend a good pump.  But your not alone in that feeling.  I did try to breastfeed but it just didnt click.  Also i have EP'd for all 3 of my kiddos and plan on doing it again for this coming baby.
Thank you for the response. I thought that it was me being childish. I'm not heartless and want to bond w said baby, but I can only imagine Ms looking down like " yooo- wut r u dooooiiin!?" XD ima go and order myself some damn pumps.
Lol
You can certainly still bond with your baby even if you pump.  But in my opinion i would give it a try for a bit
and if it doesn't "work" for you then you haven't failed... you are choosing the best for you and your baby.  
I understand how you feel. And I thought the same thing at first, and at first it was a little weird,  but it's a totally different feeling.  I feel deep bonding with our baby during feedings, and also relief because ohhh the pain!! Lol. But it doesn't give me a sexual feeling what's so ever .  
When you are nursing, there is a different purpose for your breasts. I totally get what you are saying and it isn't weird or crazy at all.  Believe me - I totally get it!  When I was nursing my breasts were functional for the babies and that was it. After I was done nursing, back to playing with my husband!  ;-)