Aa
A
A
A
Close
Breastfeeding Community
1.66k Members

Breast pump and inverted nipples!

Has anyone had success using the breast pump to get milk out and into the bottle to feed baby, who has inverted nipples?! It was pretty much impossible getting my first to latch on or even draw mt nipple out, even when it was out waa far too short
So had to use formula.. would love to be able to this time even if i have to express?
3 Responses
1816154 tn?1463430018
I know this might sound weird,  but they make this special thing for inverted nipples,  it looks like a horn and you put it on your nipple and it helps the nipple to get errict and it helps the baby after you do that latch on easier. you can find it on ebay. It's called Latch Assist. That could help you sweetie.
I've had the same issue. I tried a breast shield for a while and she was able.to latch on, but it was just too painful for me personally so I exclusively pump. You just have to work a little harder with the pump to keep up your supply
287071 tn?1365192513
I used a nipple shield but didn't care for it...  I had a meeting with a lactation consultant and was able to get some good advice and tips with posture that helped.
Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365192513
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.