Aa
A
A
A
Close
Breastfeeding Community
1.66k Members

Breastfeeding questions

Latch is good, no more pain from the beginnings of breastfeeding but my nipples are so sensitive. Is there anything I can do to lessen it? Please
6 Responses
You can buy nipple shields which do exactly as they say. Some people swear by them
I used a nipple shield with my first baby. If you can do it without one I would. The baby doesn't "empty" the boob as well with a nipple shield so you'll have to pump more often.
She eats fine. While she's there it isn't bad. When she's not eating is when the sensitive part drives me nuts. I can't put a bra or t-shirt on without wincing. I suppose I didn't clarify in the original post. My apologies.
You using nipples cream? I had to apply it very thick on one of my nipples when I breastfeed my daughter
287071 tn?1365192513
I had lanolin that I kept on hand at all times when my babies were young…  I also found some lovely gel nursing pads that could be kept in the fridge. They felt amazing!  :-)
I do use the cream. I guess not a great amount each time just enough to coat. I haven't seen gel nursing pads. They help though? When the baby isn't nursing?
Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365192513
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.