Breastfeeding Community

Breastfeeding questions

Latch is good, no more pain from the beginnings of breastfeeding but my nipples are so sensitive. Is there anything I can do to lessen it? Please
You can buy nipple shields which do exactly as they say. Some people swear by them
I used a nipple shield with my first baby. If you can do it without one I would. The baby doesn't "empty" the boob as well with a nipple shield so you'll have to pump more often.
She eats fine. While she's there it isn't bad. When she's not eating is when the sensitive part drives me nuts. I can't put a bra or t-shirt on without wincing. I suppose I didn't clarify in the original post. My apologies.
You using nipples cream? I had to apply it very thick on one of my nipples when I breastfeed my daughter
I had lanolin that I kept on hand at all times when my babies were young…  I also found some lovely gel nursing pads that could be kept in the fridge. They felt amazing!  :-)
I do use the cream. I guess not a great amount each time just enough to coat. I haven't seen gel nursing pads. They help though? When the baby isn't nursing?