Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Breastfeeding

So I was breastfeeding my son but I stopped producing enough in between feedings it didn't come back fast enough. But now my breasts are rock hard just about 24 hours later and hurt super bad, does this mean my supply has come back? What can I do for relief? I took some prescription strength Ibuprofen that I have left from my c section and put a tightish sports bra on.
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
eat a very high in fiber diet
Helpful - 0
If your breast are rock hard that mean they full of milk.try pumping you should get relief
Helpful - 0
Sorry disregard comment posted on wrong forum
Helpful - 0
12584065 tn?1436320514
Get in a hot shower to soften them up, then try pumping or feeding your baby. Your engorged.
Helpful - 0
But if I'm still not making enough in between the 1-3 hour feeding time I'll have to go through it again :( or is there a better way to go about it? He's been on formula the last day now so I don't know if he'll even want my milk anymore
Helpful - 0
287071 tn?1365192513
You can always offer/try your milk again.  Babies get more straight from momma that what we'd think.  What makes you think you're not making enough milk?
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community

Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365192513
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.