Breastfeeding

Can any of you tell me how can I prepare for breastfeeding and to have enough milk supply for when my baby arrives?
You have to be open to things as they come, don't hesitate to ask for help if you think you need it. I found a great amount of support though this forum.  I took a class in the hospital that helped too - was given by a lactation consultant.  Your body is designed to do a 'supply and demand' kind of a system for your baby.  You (will hopefully) make as much milk as your baby needs.  In terms of preparing, have breast pads and some lanolin on hand.  You'll need those!

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community