Aa
A
A
A
Close
Breastfeeding Community
1.66k Members

Breastmilk storage collection options...FTM

I'm trying to choose the best breast pump and milk storage system I can find.  I travel extensively for work and I'll even be pumping in the car.  I found the Kiinde system; which looks awesome.  But, I'm not sure what I will be able to express from each breast at each pumping session.  Ideally, I would like to pump directly into the storage bag, freeze it, thaw it, and feed directly from the bag.  That is how the Kiinde system is intended to be used.  But, will I get 4oz of milk from each breast at each pumping session?  If not, then I'll have to consolidate my milk from 2 collection bags to one storage bag; which defeats the purpose of the Kiinde system.  What worked best for you?  I'm not worried about cost, convenience is most important to me.
1 Responses
At first you prob wont get 4 oz but later you'll get even more so it won't be a problem anymore. I looked at the kiinde system and I think I'm going to.go with their bottle warmer. But I want to use glass and no plastics so I'm just going to store milk in glass canning jars with regular screw on lids. I would make sure that your breastpump has an adapter to fit with pumping right into the bags, I think the kiinde system makes one? I think for your situation the bags sound super convienent and compact for travel.
Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365196113
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.