A
A
A
Close
Breastfeeding Community
1.66k Members
719902 tn?1334165183

First postpartum period

Hi all, I EBF for 4 months, then started supplementing when I returned to work.  I pumped adn gave 1/2 breastmilk 1/2 formual at daycare, then continued to EBF at home.  My dd is 6 months+ 1 week old now and I recently stopped pumping at work, btu I still nurse her in the evenings and on weekends (though I ahve to supplement b/c my supply has dropped.)  She has also been eating solids for about a month.
My question is, Is it unusual that I have yet to have a postpartum period??  It seems liek AF should have returned once I started supplementing, but there is NO sign.  I am on the mini-pill, but i'm not real good with it.  I've taken pregnancy tests several times (negative) in the past few weeks b/c i'm terrified of getting pregnant again!! I almost wish AF would just show up so I know what's going on!   What do you think?
2 Responses
171768 tn?1324230099
i think it's normal. With my first, my period did not return until I had completely weaned. With my second, it came back as I was cutting back on sessions.
127529 tn?1331840780
Me too, my second son stopped nursing at 10 1/2 months and I had no periods until after that. They were very irregular for some time too.
Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365192513
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.