Aa
A
A
A
Close
Breastfeeding Community
1.66k Members

Ftm- if mothers can help me

I gave birth to a baby girl on the 5th of November but she is not latching on me. I am pumping and then feeding her using a bottle. I'm so concerned about this and I badly want to breadt feed. I am worried if she gets used to the bottle  she would further refuse latching on me. Help me anyon. I need advise as to positions of feeding.
1 Responses
428506 tn?1296557399
Congratulations on your daughter!

Have you been able to meet with a lactation consultant?  They are trained to helped with latching problems.  You can call the hospital where you delivered and ask if they have one, or you could ask your OB-GYN.
Things to keep in mind are:  Your milk supply at this point depends strongly on how often your nurse or pump.  You need to keep pumping every 2-3 hours to establish good supply.  
Just because she isn't latching yet doesn't mean that she won't!  Keep offering her the breast so that she can attempt.
My daughter preferred "football" hold for nursing and didn't figure out latching until she was 5 weeks old!
Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365192513
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.