Healthier Decision

Hello Mothers so My decision is breastfeeding which one is better to you? Formula or breastfeeding?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I will be breastfeeding as well, there's tons of good stuff in brestmilk for the baby, helps their immune system, and the longer you breastfeed the fewer allergies your baby will have, there's less chance of colic, fewer tummy upsets and vomiting, an added benefit for you would be that it helps bring everything back to normal, and I've heard that it helps you lose the baby weight faster than formula, it helps momma by preventing certain cancers, the only down side to breastfeeding is that your the one that has to feed the little guy/girl, unless you pump, but to me for nighttime feedings it would be easier to just pick baby up and feed her/him that way instead of having to fix a bottle in the middle of the night when your tired. And breastfeeding is what mothers have been doing for centuries...
Helpful - 0
Oh plus if your tight on money, it's the cheapest thing out there :) cuz there's no need to buy formula. You are the sole provider of your baby's food till he/she starts to eat baby food :)
Helpful - 0
I decided breastfeeding also because of the healthier circumstances for baby and I plus formula I hear has to many things going along with it far as allergic reactions and extra I don't need any bad things going on
Helpful - 0
Breastmilk has antioxidants in it that formula does not have. Helps to build your baby's immune system. Great choice and completely worth the effort!!
Helpful - 0
I'm glad I'm going the healthier route
Helpful - 0
I'm so glad I formula fed for my son, in my situation it was the healthier option and I found a lot of the negatives to be untrue. He's not overweight,  he slept through the night from 10wks, he bonded with both his parents, it wasn't expensive, and he didn't get his first cold until he was 14mths old. Facing the same complications again, I'll be going straight to the bottle this time.
Helpful - 0
If you looked up some of the ingredients they use in formula, you'd definitely want to breastfeed. Some are pretty bad. Breastfeeding is always the healthier option. And it costs absolutely nothing!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community