Breastfeeding Community

How long?

So my son isn't here yet, but I have this awesome tattoo plan that I want to get with a cute baby saying and his foot prints. Well, I do plan on breastfeeding when he gets here and so my question is.. Can I get a tattoo while breastfeeding or should I wait until he is no longer breastfeeding? I don't know if that would get into my milk supply. I know it's not safe to get a tattoo while being pregnant though.
I believe infection would be your biggest worry with a tattoo while breastfeeding, but as long as you're going to a clean, good shop it should be alright. I don't think I would personally do it, partly because I'm a terrible worry wart, haha, but if you have any doubts talk to your doctor! :)
It's not safe until after you've finished breastfeeding because there is a chance of get a blood infection or worse. I would wait until after. I've always been told If your breastfeeding treat yourself as If you are pregnant it helps to stay safe and keep your little one safe. Congratulations and good luck!
A reputable tattoo shop won't tattoo you if you are breastfeeding. The worry is that you could get hepatitis or HIV from getting tattooed and pass it to the baby through your milk.
Thanks guys. Looks like I've got even longer to wait, lol. But it'll be worth it. :)