Breastfeeding Community

How to produce more milk?

Right now im only able to produce about a cup 2 ounces a day and give formula the rest of the day. I want to give my son more of my milk than formula? Can someone help
Are you pumping or verdigrising and pumping?

Here's I how I pumped more milk but first I want you to know that pumping 2ozs or even an ounce is pretty normal because a pump isn't as efficient as a babies suckle. Your baby only needs 24ozs of breast milk in a day.

I would pump one breast at a time for 20mins after nursing or bottle feeding. While pumping I would massage my breast going toward my nipple and I would do compressions. This helps to get the most milk out. I did this every 2 hours during the day and every 3 at night. Drink plenty of water eat oatmeal and there is a supplement called fenugreek you can by this from a gnc store. I would pump 4ozs each breast every time which was way too much.

Remember the more you pump the more you will start getting. And for 1 week out of the month you need to power pump which is pumping every hour on the hour to mimic a growth spurt.

I hateful pumping it was very tiresome and I was so thankful when my little boy started nursing. It took him 3 months and a lactation consultant to get him to latch. We made it to 20 months. But was well worth it.

Good luck and stay strong. Remember breastfeeding is supply and demand the more you demand the more you supply.
The first sentence is supposed to be breastfeeding not verdigrising. I hate my phone.
Right now I'm mostly just pumping but I am able to get him to latch now. Just need him to get it coming like I need to feed him.
The lactation consultant told me that the baby is going to starve itself. Since your little one is latching I would stop formula and breastfeed and only supplement with your milk. The baby is going to be your best bet at getting things going. I would do a 20 min nursing session feed an ounce of bottled breast milk if the baby is still acting hungry then pump as directed above. The lactation consultant also told me that for every bottle of formula you are hurting your milk production.

You could invest I'm a supplemental nursing system so you can nurse and supplement from the breast that will also get your production going. Good luck and keep usupdated on how things are going.

One more thing if your baby is lacking and not suckling try taking all of it's clothes off and tickle the feet hands and back to get the baby stimulated. My little one was lazy at first.
Is not* going to starve itself. Sorry my little boy is wallowing all over me making it hard to type and think.
Im trying not to use formula but sometimes he doesn't want to breastfeed at all. Then I don't have much milk stored up to give him so I use formula. I am starting to leak milk sometime. But I'm going to try hard to get him off of this formula and pump pump pump. During the day I may try to pump every hour when I'm home alone. So I can get it going. Then every time he everytime he eat at night. Formula is not cheap either and not as good for them. Just glad my husband is very supportive on wanting him to nurse.
If he's not wanting to breastfeed maybe he isn't that hungry. Id wait and try to breastfeed again. It could be that he's starting to prefer the bottle because its easier so if you want him to nurse I'd stop offering the bottle completely.
Today I have been able to mostly breastfeed he is not really fighting it too much.
I agree with tomorrow. That's what I had to do with mine just cut the bottles out. I had to pump the first 3 months and it was the hardest.

That's great news lady! Just keep at it the more you nurse and latch the easier it gets.
Couple things I've tried - fenugreek and lactation cookies. I found fenugreek in pill form at complete nutrition. If you Google lactation cookies, you can find lots of recipes. The key ingredient is brewer's yeast. Good luck!
Wonderful! I'm glad today went better! Keep up the good work :)
But he still seem to not get full. So I nurse then give him a bottle afterward.
I would give that smallest amount of formula possible after feeds because you want to be able to nurse frequently, like every two hours because its going to help you produce more milk.
Ok thank you.