Aa
A
A
A
Close
Breastfeeding Community
1.66k Members

I'm curious need answers plz ftm

They Say After Having The BaBy YouR Milk Doesn't Come The SAme TimE So During Those Days Will The Baby Be Receiving Formula Then ???? I'm Curious Should I Buy A FormulA To Take With Me
8 Responses
My baby got milk right after. I produced ALOT of colostrum & then a few hours later I was producing full bottles of milk.
7157499 tn?1411821385
The colostrum is fine for them. So you do not need formula
2133163 tn?1350518235
If you plan to breastfeed you feed the baby colostrum then a couple days later your milk will come in.
So coloStrum Is Will Come When ShE Arrives??? I'm So Freaking Out Thinking About It Wondering Will I Produce Enough
you'll be fine and even if you need formula they will give you some to take home. when i had my first baby my milk came in by the second day but just with the colostrum that you get when baby arrives its enough for baby to get full...
8835615 tn?1410091411
It usually takes 3 days for your milk to cone in. But if your anemic like I was then it could take a bit longer
2133163 tn?1350518235
You have colostrum now. Even if you aren't leaking any.
All your baby needs is what you produce Un the beginning until your mature milk comes in. Their stomach is the size of a marble. And they swallow a lot of amniotic fluid before birth. My milk didn't come in for 4 or 5 days after birth and my daughter was fine with the colostrum. If you give formula then they usually won't breastfeed. Or it will be difficult to transition. Your body needs the stimulation of the baby feeding to produce milk. Don't give formula unless that is what you plan on your baby eating.
Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365192513
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.