A
A
A
Close
Breastfeeding Community
1.66k Members

Looking for advice

Hello,

I'm looking to get some advice. My daughter is 3.5 months old and is 100% nursed. Well due to my own health issues I have to have a test done that will not allow me to nurse her for 2 days and because she eats so much I can't pump but maybe an ounce at a time. (That really frustrates me)
We have been trying to get her to take a bottle (dr. Brown bottles) she hates them and because I can't pump we are trying Earths best organic formula. I try 2-3 bottles a day to transition her but she's not having it (I don't blame her) but I have to have this test done soon and I do want to resume nursing when allowed.. Well my question is does anyone have suggestions on a different bottle maybe I could try.. I need to do something.

Nursing is very important to me I nursed my first child til he was 13 months and I'm not giving up on her it's just my health :(

Thank you!
2 Responses
I was told Tommie Tippee bottles are really awesome for transitioning, however, I have never tried this so my advice is not of much help.
287071 tn?1365192513
We used Dr. Brown bottles with my kids and they did okay.  When I would go back to work and the babies had to use bottles it took a while to get them used to the bottles.  It was always my husband who would give the bottles, when the mother gives baby bottles, the baby will reject b/c the baby was the mother directly.  It sounds harsh, but eventually my babies figured it out and did fine with the bottles.  Best of luck with things!!
Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365192513
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.