Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Nipple Shield

My daughter is looking to purchase a nipple shield.  Where can she go?
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
456991 tn?1239307232
what is a nipple shield exactly?
Helpful - 0
I'm not sure which you are talking about-the nipple shield to wear while you are nursing or the nipple shield to wear in between nursing...
The nipple shield to use during nursing I'm not sure.  I got one from the hospital and one from a breastfeeding support group but I didn't use it too much.  I recommend not using it if possible.
The nipple shield to use for in between nursing to help pop out your nipple or to keep your bra off your nipple I got from Babies-R-Us.
Helpful - 0
171768 tn?1324230099
i got one at babies r us. the baby depot in burlington has them, as do other baby stores.

it is generally recommended that you work with a lactation consultant instead of getting one on your own. my LC tried different sizes on me before finding the one that fit me best. plus, if you need a shield, chances are the baby isn't latching properly.
Helpful - 0
287071 tn?1365192513
I'd bet anywhere you can buy nursing equipment...  I bought one from a lactation consultant but found it awkward to use.
Helpful - 0
378557 tn?1233249392
I bought mine at Target. I bought several in case I ever misplaced one!
Helpful - 0
679757 tn?1234840580
I got mine as well from Babies R Us and LOVED them!  My left nipple cracked from top to bottom and the nipple shield helped it heal while I breastfed!!!!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community

Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365192513
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.