Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Nursing

This question is for post pregnancy.. is anyone else having a really hard time nursing? I'm 2 weeks after my baby and its not going easy for me.. first of all the pain.. feels like my nipples will be  Coming off then he doesn't stay latched on for to long and gets all fussy after him crying for a few minutes I end up giving a bottle.. should I still continue trying?
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Yes you should continue trying.  Am 6 weeks in and when my baby latch for 5 minutes it hurts for 30 minutes.
Helpful - 0
5727805 tn?1378193052
The first 6 weeks are the hardest but it is so worth it! You can try a nipple shield to help her learn to latch better.
Helpful - 0
Keep it going. My son is now ten months. It's so worth it! The first 6weeks are hard. If you have to take a break and pump and give him a bottle that's fine. But continue the flow. What helped me with the pain and latching on was the medela nipple shield. It's about 10$ at walmart. It's great
Helpful - 0
287071 tn?1365192513
One of the nurses in the hospital told me with my first that the pain from nursing is 'toe curling'.  It wasn't always like that.  I kept lanolin on hand and that helped!  If you continue to struggle, seek out help from a lactation consultant near by.  I did - was super helpful!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community

Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365192513
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.