Period after pumping

I pumped for a full year and got my period after about the 5th month. I also had my tubes tied during my c-section. This will be my first "post" pumping period and it was only about three days but today (2 days after) I have started bleeding again. It doesn't seem too heavy but I'm not sure if this is normal. Has anyone experience this? Should I call my dr? Thanks!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Pumping can be a tough job! It's so awesome to hear such a great success story.

It sounds like your hormones are adjusting, but you could always call your doctor to be safe. She/He may want to check your thyroid/hormones.

Helpful - 0
took me several cycles to get regular again. With my first I pumped 6 1/2 months. First period came 4 weeks after stopping, then next didn't come for another 8 weeks, then it was all over the place for a few cycles. Give it time- it takes a while for hormones to regulate. Of course, a call to the doctor wouldn't hurt if you are really concerned. I personally would hold off.
Helpful - 0
Thanks so much for the responses!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community