Please Help Me

My baby is a week old today, and he and I are having troubles when it comes to breastfeeding. It seems like he can't latch on very well because he latches and unlatches every time I feed him. He will also fall asleep while feeding so I think he's done and as soon as I stop he cries. I've looked things up on google and it says he needs to be burped. I do that and still no luck. He is always needing to be fed but he won't take much when I try. I tried giving him formula today and he took it no problem. However he's always wide awake. I feed him, change him, burp him, and rock him. He never sleeps and always cries. Anyone know how I can calm him down a bit?
It took my body daaaayyyyyys before the actual milk flow came in. When baby falls asleep at the boob and you can lift its arm and it drops without any resistance thats considered milk drunk and where you want your baby to be. Don't give up! Keep at it. Attempt to breast feed for about 20 minutes and then offer formula. Also id try pumping and measuring your milk supply to make sure you're producing enough. Also you can go to your local hospital and consult with the lactation consultant and she'll make sure you're latching properly and check the baby after it's fed.

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community