Breastfeeding Community

Please help

I just had my daughter on the 22nd. My milk just came in yesterday but today I have a HARD ping pong lump in my left armpit and it hurts like crazy.  I figured it was related to me breast feeding. Has anyone experienced this before and know what it is and  how to get rid of it or do I need to be seen my a dr.?
Try a hot shower on this area and massage. Also let baby nurse from this side as painful as it may be thats the only relief
Nurse or pump from that side as often as possible, hot compresses, Tylenol for pain, it sounds like a clogged milk duct.  If you experience flu like symptoms, fever, etc. It may be mastitis so u will need antibiotics.  Clogged ducts if you get them often can be from improper latch so baby doesn't empty the breast or sometimes feeding laying down can cause it.  Good luck.
Thank you so much! I will try all that. Just worries me when there is a huge bump all of a sudden in my arm pit. I have been extremely uncomfortable( boobs are  tight even after feedings.) but the nurse told me not to pump when I was at the hospital so I haven't used mine yet even though I really want to empty myself out. :/
I felt like this when nursing my second child, I have very large milk ducts. I Only ever pumped with my first so always emptied my breasts, with the second I was just nursing and boy did I end up engorged. I had to pump some off to get relief. I froze it and used it when I weaned. My guess is you have been told not to pump so you don't create an over supply which in itself brings other problems. It's a fine line, pump too much and you could end up with an over supply but if you don't remove SOME of the milk you could end up with a blocked duct or worse mastitis. Personally I pumped enough to release the pressure and discomfort but not totally empty the breast.
Hope you feel a bit better soon. Congratulations on your baby too!!
Thank you so much, I ended up pumping just enough to relieve the pain like you said and feel so much better doing it. This is my second baby but wasn't successful with breast feeding, I wasn't doing anything right and was just pumping constantly along with giving my son bottles. All this somewhat new to me, i really want to nurse her the whole time but with the pain of being so full and the lump i was wondering how long I would even last!  I'm feeling so much better.  Thank you so much for your advice and experience on this. The lump has gone down today and isn't painful anymore either. :0) thank you!
Great to hear its better. I can't even tell u how many times I've had the same issue!(nursed 2 babies and still extended nursing my 18 month old)  hope all keeps going good!
Great to hear. We are here if you need any support. I was the same, nursing my first didn't work out so it felt like it was all new to me the second time and I often felt like giving up. I took it one day at a time, if I had a rough day I always told myself to wait until the morning before making any decisions. One day at a time we made it to nearly 11 months. I'd have liked to make it to a year but babe had had enough!! I'm now 5 1/2 months into nursing my third, still taking it day by day hoping I'll make it to a year this time :)
Thank you so much ladies, I really appreciate your guys advice, it's nice to know you all have been there. I'm setting small goals for myself. I'm hoping to make it two weeks and when I get there set another goal of four weeks and just keep making these goals for myself. Rewarding myself for actually making it that far each time. I'm determined to do it but I do have my moments where I think I'm not going to last. My mom didn't  breast feed so I can't call or ask for her advice cause she doesnt know, so this website is my only source of help and my breast feeding book. Again thank you!!! I really appreciate you ladies so much and  taking the time to answer my questions making me feel like I'm not alone.  
Well if u need anything feel free to inbox me, I will do my best to help.  Your doing good by setting goals.  Remember the first 2-3 months is the hardest in my opinion because you are learning your babies cues.  Once you get past that, it gets easier.  Good luck.
1. Try different feeding positions.
2. Apply hot patch on the breast for 10 mins, then cold patch for another 10 mins. Keep on doing it. Do not just use hot patch, it will make your breasts too irritated.
3. If it is still there, go to see a doctor.