Aa
A
A
A
Close
Breastfeeding Community
1.66k Members

Pump?

My son is 11 days old and is eating and latching like a champ. He just gets so frustrated sometimes it takes awhile to get him to latch. Well my question is I want his daddy to be able to feed him so I was going to start pumping. When would it be ok for him to use a bottle (I don't want to mess up how well he's breast feeding) and does anyone know of a good inexpensive breast pump? The Medela ones are nice (used it in the hospital) but they are so expensive!!!
5 Responses
3744707 tn?1402191170
Aww well first of all congrats :)... but yeah I'll say just wait a couple weeks just in case since his nearly getting the hang of it. I'm breastfeeding my son and I pump milk out and been storing it for when I go out to doctors appointment or anywhere also when I wanna take a drink Lol its not so often but the baby has no problem with confusion I gave him a bottle at 5 weeks. I use a pump from lanisoh I think that's how you spell it not sure it cost me like less than 30 $at Walmart and works well for me I've had it like a month already and its great :)
3744707 tn?1402191170
No I'm mistaking at 3 weeks I gave him a bottle
A lot of insurances with cover a breast pump. I got the Medela pump in style advanced with my insurance. It was covered 100%. I used the Medela symphony in the hospital, so now I have extra parts.
4484425 tn?1384231934
The best age to introduce bottles is 3-4 weeks old. By then baby should be well established at breastfeeding but not yet picky so that they will refuse a bottle.
4654179 tn?1382646814
I am using the lansinoh breast pump it is fairly priced as the one I got is double and electric. Although a lot of insurances might cover im not sure how long itv would take to receive one.
Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365196113
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.