Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Really just need some support

I have been breastfeeding for 6 weeks and my supply just keep going up and down so much. I been thinking about not doing it anymore. One day it can be great next day barely have anything.  What to do?
6 Responses
428506 tn?1296557399

May I ask how you are judging your supply?

It is easy to think there is a supply problem, or to worry about it, when there is no reason.  (I've done this myself...I breastfeed at home and pump while I'm at work and I worry when I pump less on certain days.)

As long as your baby is making a normal number of wet/dirty diapers and is gaining weight at a healthy rate, then there is no cause for concern.

He is eating almost every hour and gets frustrated and suck hishand and cry.
If you have a pump try power pumping. Its a good way to keep up your supply and save some too
That's nit good that he is getting frustrated and sucking his hand. My best advice is definitely don't give up! Call lactation consultant at your hospital tomorrow! Maybe baby is having a latching problem or something but this sounds like something that with the right help.And support you and baby can overcome! :-) hang in there momma it can challenging but it is sooo worth it. Good luck
Also at 6 weeks roughly babies go through a growth spurt again and eat like crazy every hour is not unreasonable breastfeeding. My son ate every 45 minutes to an hr. And if given formula 4 oz every two hrs! At that age.
Are you drinking enough water ??

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community

Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365192513
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.