Sore Nipples

My dd is 8 months old and I have bf since she was born.  The past week or so my nipples are very sore.  It isn't the same kind of pain as when i first started out, but they are very tender.  No scabs or sores.  My dd is currently teething, but she doesn't bite me so i know it isn't that.  Could her latch be changing since she is teething causing my pain.  Anyone else have these issues?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Are they red?

You wouldn't happen to have candida?

Mine are sore all the time, and I'm going on for 12 months bf now!

Helpful - 0
They don't look more red than normal...This may sounds silly but how would I know if I have candida?  Wow I can't imagine them being sore all the time.  Even my breast pads rubbing on them is bothering me.
Helpful - 0

symptoms of candida are:-

- shiny or flaky skin of the nipple/areola
- burning pain of the nipple/areola,
- sore nipples,
- stabbing pain of the breast, and
-nonstabbing pain of the breast

I've had this on and off for 1 1/2 years now.  Started when I had appendicitis while I was pregnant and then amoebiasis and was on lots of antibiotics.  have been treated with antifungals, which helped, but now it's back again.

Hope yours are feeling better by now.

You can google candida and breasts.  Quite a lot of info comes up.
Helpful - 0
I dont know if this issue is cleared up or not, but if not, take a look in babys mouth.  Is it white?  My son recently had thrush and when I went to the doc, she asked me if my nipples were more sore than normal...yes they were...way more sore.  she said that had to do with the yeast on them.  about two days after I started treating myself, it went back to normal. they did not look any different at all.  not sure if this is candida or not.
Helpful - 0
yes,that is likely from the candida.  there can be no change in appearance. just they'll be really sore.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community