Sore nipples

My baby is 2 weeks old now & I have been exclusively breast feeding but my nipples are still so sore & sensitive. I have inverted nipples so im using a nipple gaurd- does this affect anything? When do they stop being so sensitive?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Use some nipple cream/lotion. I have used Lansinoh and it helped a ton.  Also - it sounds odd, but allow your nipples to air out.  I can't put a number on how long it took for my nipples to get used to being tugged on - but it does get better!  I have an inverted nipple and really didn't ever use a nipple shield, just found it awkward to use.
Helpful - 0
I also use a nipple guard, i find my nipples hurt if Im too full...
Helpful - 0
Thanks ladies. I will try the coconut oil. I've been doing everything else - I guess I just have to wait another week for them to build up some toughness.
Helpful - 0
If you don't want to spend so much on lanolin, you can get coconut oil. It's working great and bonus is I can use it for other things...its great on wood too!
Helpful - 0
Usually the nipple guard makes it so they don't get so sore. I don't know if having inverted nipple would add to the sensitivity. For me the soreness went away around 3-4 weeks with all 3 of my babies. Applying lanolin to your nipples helps with some of the soreness. Also you can express some milk, rub it into your nipples and let them air dry.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community