Breastfeeding Community

Sore nipples

I had my baby yesterday  n i been breastfeeding her  but  my nipples r so sore  n bleeding  what can i do to ease the pain  cuz i do wanna breastfeedbut it reallyhurts
It is quite common cause I had the same issue my last pregnancy. I used nipple cream or honey when it was cracked, I just pumped enough milk for 2 days to give my nipples some times to heal while applying either nipple cream or honey throughout the day. It will get better after couples of days or week. Congrats btw.
Thanks alot   Iit hurts so bad i wanna cry but  i really want to breastfed her  n i apply the cream everytime she finish but it dont seem to help alot
Buy some silicone nipple shields from the chemist. I bought mine today and having bubs in 3 days. Best thing ever. They protect your nipples and still allow a good flow for bubs... good luck
Make sure the latch is correct or that'll cause a lot of pain.
Nipple shields and a good latch saved my life!
Use nipple cream like Lansinoh, but also make sure the latch is correct, like the other ladies said! Are there lactation consultants at the hospital where you delivered? I know mine are available to call anytime while I'm breast feeding, and they are an awesome resource. I had them come in a few times while I was in the hospital and have called them once or twice since I've been home! :)
Make sure you angle your nipples downward while nursing. If your baby is pulling directly on your nipples, it increases pain and discomfort. I hope they heal quickly and when they do, try this method.
Several remedies I was recommended  -- Wrap the breast in cold cabbage leaves (that is amazingly soothing!).  And/or, make a tea infusion (just any cheap, brown tea) with like 10 teabags in one cup, and let it cool.  Then wipe some of it on the nipple. Let this air-dry.   And/or, get some pure lanolin at the baby shop and apply it.  I found nipple shields to be loose and very confusing for the baby, but agree with the latch advice -- that is VERY important.  Your baby might not be getting enough of a mouthful of breast.  Flatten the breast in your hand like a big hamburger, and nudge the baby's mouth with the nipple, and when the baby opens his mouth, cram it all in.  lol  Talk to a lactation consultant FOR SURE or call La Leche League.
I had lanolin on hand when I was first nursing, also bought some gel nursing pads that could be kept in the refrigerator, they were nice!  I had a nurse in the hospital tell me it was 'toe curling pain' at the start of nursing.  It did get better!